2017 Photo Contest Rules
Friends of Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
1. Submissions are due at the Visitor’s Center by Friday, September 29, 2017.
All photos must be taken in Southern Illinois anywhere south of interstate 64.
2. Submissions must be the original photograph, minimal editing such as cropping
is allowed. Photographs should be the work of the person submitting the image.
3. Ethical photography is expected and the photo’s subject and environment should
not be disturbed or manipulated for the sake of creating the image.
4. All photographers must be amateurs.
5. Each photographer may submit up to 5 entries. There is a $5 charge for each
photo submitted by adults. Youth will be charged $5 for up to 5 photo
6. Photos are to be no smaller than 5x7 and no larger than 8x10. Photos must be
printed on photo quality paper.
7. Photos should be matted with matt board with a finished size no larger than
11x14. No glass, plastic, frames, or hangers, please. A completed entry form
should be taped to the back.
8. Winners of the Photo Contest will be announced at the Photo Contest Reception
on Sunday, November 5, 2017. Prizes will be awarded at that time. Winning
photos will be on display at the Visitors Center for the remainder of November.
by December 15 will become property of the Friends of Crab Orchard Refuge.
10. Winning images may appear on the Crab Orchard Wildlife or Friends of Crab
Orchard websites and/or Facebook and may be used in promotional materials.
I have read and understand the above rules and agree that my entries are in
compliance with these rules. I also give permission for the use of my images on the
CONWR website, in contest displays and promotional ads for future photo contests.
Signature ____________________________________ Date ______________
Parental signature ____________________________ Date ______________